Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer is here!

School is officially out! Woo hoo!!!!

But these last couple of days have been tough.
With any changes that come along TC has difficulties.
His anxiety is at an all time high. It seems it takes him hours and hours to
calm down and behave.

I know a lot of it is not his fault but it is sooooooooo frustrating!!
Yesterday we went to see X Men and his behavior was out of control.
We kept telling him to chill out and behave but it was not getting any better.

We did go see the movie, which was great...I was a little upset about
one part where the "f" word was used. That is a word TC uses and he gets in deep trouble
every time I hear it. (he has used it 2 or 3 times this past week)
TC knows saying bad words is wrong but I think he has such impulse control problems that he
cannot help it some days. STILL he gets in trouble for it.

We try to deal with TC's anxiety and we don't want to medicate him but I wonder if one day it will come to that. Right now, he is 9 years old, and I feel it is managable. It may not always be that way.

Sigh.

We are just taking it day to day!

No comments: