Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bribery, asthma, and things left behind

TC still fights with me over cutting his toenails. I have tried after his bath, I have tried ignoring them but eventually they have to be cut.
So I cut them today and told him if he let me, he would earn a dollar.

Yep, I bribed my kid to cut his toenails.
I have no shame in my game!!

Well, we went on a trip for two days and even though we had a non-smoking room, the whole place had a smoke smell. And the refrigerated air in the room really messed with TC and his asthma. Luckily I am a pro at packing his nebulizer and meds. Now we are doing never ending breathing treatments and I am not getting much sleep. That really sucks for TC and me!

I am tired folks!
And I am glad to be home, even though somehow a bag got left that had all of our phone chargers, camera usb, mp3's, dvd player, and several movies. And the darn hotel will not mail any of this stuff to us so we have to drive back and get it. I went ahead and ordered a phone charger and usb cord for my camera, and we may go back in 2 weeks to get the other stuff. I am so mad about that!

2 comments:

toosexy4thisfat said...

Thanks for adding me. I was so happy to find both of your blogs. We have much in common. Besides also struggling to lose weight, I too have a child that was diagnosed with autism. My son, Sam, was diagnosed with autism shortly before his 3rd birthday. He is now 17, a senior in high school, and doing so very well. No one would have thought when he was 3 that he would be where he is now. Your comment about trying to cut your son's nails brings back lots of memories. Sam also had certain unreasonable fears. I can remember the screams and tantrums every time we tried to wash his hair. There were other things and odd little behavioral quirks, as well, but they eventually stopped. You know what fixed them? I don't either!! LOL. He would just wake up one morning and what used to be a problem suddenly wasn't anymore. I finally learned to stop worrying myself to death about those types of things and just do whatever I had to do to get through it. "This too shall pass," became my mantra. So, if giving him a buck gets you through, I say good for you! Whatever works! Best of luck to you and yours. I look forward to following your blog!

Lynn said...

Ugh...toenail cutting. My ASD daughter hates it too! I can't believe that the hotel wouldn't send your stuff back...lousy!