Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank you

Thanks for all the nice comments on my previous post. I really should have thought about TC having the pencil before I began cutting his toenails. I really can't get upset at him, I should have really considered his surroundings, the fact that he was having an asthma attack, was tired and my cutting his toenails was another stressful factor.

TC does so well most days. His aggression is rare. I mean, it hardly ever happens. There are still some behavioral issues, his language is a work in progress, he still curses but I do let him know it is not acceptable. But he surprises me everyday with his ability to overcome stressful situations. I know life is not easy for him and school is tough as well. I have to give him props for holding it together as well as he does. Given his health issues on a daily basis, he does wonderful.

Let me just say even when I forget about the autism, things like this happen and I remember. I will be more aware in the future!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You should give yourself a break too!! Being a mom with a Special Needs child and knowing all the information that you know, doesn't make it any easier when they have a melt down or set back. It is good you can step back and look at the triggers, but also keep an eye out, if things start up. He is doing as well is he is because of you, remember that!'
xoxoxo