Sunday, February 7, 2010

Meltdowns, darts and getting over it

My brother took TC to see one of his girls over the weekend. Needless to say, TC came back having a huge fit! He had lost a dart from his sword ( a new toy he got at Wal Mart) and he was VERY upset that it could not be found.
My brother felt so bad.

I explained to him that TC was tired and this is the crazy thing about autism. You don't see TC act this way often but when he does, WATCH OUT. He screamed and tantrumed for a WHILE. My brother didn't know what to do and kept apologizing. I told him it was okay.

And after awhile, he did get over it. And the funny thing is my brother found the dart thing and is mailing it to us this week. TC hasn't asked about it since.

2 comments:

BEE said...

autism
gotta love it lol

glad he found it though

shrink on the couch said...

Changes are hard too, aren't they? Transitioning from one place to another? Glad the dart was found - wonder how TC will respond when it arrives?