Monday, September 14, 2009

Eve and the garden of Eden

EVE'S SIDE OF THE STORY
After three weeks in the Garden of Eden, God came to visit Eve. "So,
how is everything going?" inquired God.

"It is all so beautiful, God," she replied. "The sunrises and sunsets
are breathtaking, the smells, the sights, everything is wonderful, but
I have just one problem.

It's these breasts you have given me. The middle one pushes the other
two out and I am constantly knocking them with my arms, catching them
on branches and snagging them on bushes. They're a real pain."

And Eve went on to tell God that since many other parts of her body
came in pairs, such as her limbs, eyes, ears, etc She felt that
having only two breasts might leave her body more "symmetrically
balanced".

"That's a fair point," replied God, "But it was my first shot at this,
you know.. I gave the animals six breasts, so I figured that you
needed only half of those, but I see that you are right. I will fix
it up right away."

And God reached down, removed the middle breast and tossed it into
the bushes.

Three weeks passed and God once again visited Eve in the Garden of
Eden.

"Well, Eve, how is my favorite creation?"

"Just fantastic," she replied, "But for one oversight. You see, all
the animals are paired off. The ewe has a ram and the cow has her
bull. All the animals have a mate except me. I feel so alone. "

God thought for a moment and said, "You know, Eve, you are right. How
could I have overlooked this? You do need a mate and I will
immediately create a man from a part of you. Let's see....where did I
put that useless boob?"

Now doesn't THAT make more sense than all that crap about the rib?

No comments: