Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update on Uncle

Hubby took off work today to go back to Dallas and see his uncle. Of course he has to play taxi cab for his relatives: cousin, aunt, and pick them up as well. I am driving his truck today and he took my Pacifica so he could fit everyone. (His truck needs brakes, they were screeching this morning! I need to tell him about that!)

His Uncle is not doing well,apparently the tree branch hit him hard and cracked his skull open. He is bleeding internally still and he is very swollen. They had to put a trach in because he wasn't breathing well (years of smoking has damaged his lungs). He is in really bad shape, he is very swollen and it has been so hard on my husband.

See, Tony's dad died a couple of years before we married. So his Uncle is the closest thing he has to his dad. They fish together, they even work at the same place. So they see each other almost every day.

It is really heartbreaking to see your husband (who never cries) just break down and cry. He knows his Uncle may not live and if he does, he will possibly be very brain damaged. I know God can work a miracle and I know if he needs Billy to stay here, he will keep him here. But it is still very hard.

I am so sad today.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Praying for hubs, uncle, and the other family members. Please keep us updated on how he is doing. I can only imagine how family is feeling, one minute he is fine the next minute clinging to life, has to be scary. God does work miracles so don't loose hope. Take care and let me know if there is anything I can do.
danielle

Angel said...

aw honey...be strong for your hubs. this is so sad.....

Maria said...

Oh, dear. I am SO very sorry for your pain.