Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school

So today was the first day of school. TC had a huge meltdown yesterday and I was kind of hoping he had it all out of his system. I didn't want to leave him at school crying and snotting everywhere.

So we walk up to his school and he was nervous...I could tell. And as his teacher gave him a hug, he held onto my hand really tight. I could see that he wanted to cry but he didn't. Sara and I talked to him for a few minutes and his teacher got him started on a computer game. I told him, "Bubba, I packed all your favorite things in your lunch, okay?? You will do fine buddy."

After one last hug, we left.

He didn't cry not even one tear. My sweet little man.

I offered to walk Sara into school, teasing her. She said, "Oh Mom...pulease..how embarrassing!"

LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Way to Go TC!

Unknown said...

Yea for TC! It makes it so much better for all involved when they don't pitch a fit, doesn't it?

j said...

YAY! I am so glad that he had a good first day. WAY TO GO TC!